Koenig von England, Stuttgart (GER)
Where the "König von England" inn once stood on Schillerplatz in Stuttgart at the beginning of the 19th century, now stands a notable example of post-war architecture which still bears the name of the original building. A shop and office building was constructed on the site between 1954 and 1956 and extended in 1961. zsp architekten from Stuttgart brought the listed building up standard for its current use by a ministry and ground-floor shops. As the architects explained: "The aim of the architectural planning was to achieve optimum, modern conditions for the building's new use while maintaining and refreshing the character of the building which is so typical for the period in which it was constructed." This included modernising all of the building's technical systems. The rooms containing the ministry are now all illuminated by energy-efficient LED light. Nimbus Modul Q luminaires have been used for the interior. With their discreet form they adopt and carry over the clear-cut pattern of the facade. The round luminaires from the Modul R family, on the other hand, have been used to set spatial accents.
- Builder: Baden-Württemberg Stiftung represented by Vermögen und Bau Baden-Württemberg Amt Stuttgart
- Planning: zsp architekten | peter vorbeck, Stuttgart
- Tags: providing access,working,holding conferences,meeting
- Realisation: 2012
- Photographer: Brigida González
- Project info: PDF - 1.59 mb